Video by Gone With the Wynns
Rent a boat or bring your own -- don't miss this Arizona lake boating experience!
Known as Arizona's "West Coast," Lake Havasu is one of America's best boating lakes. Unlike many other lakes, Lake Havasu remains at a near constant water elevation that rarely varies more than four feet, providing boaters with ideal conditions year-round.
From high-performance race boats to pontoon boats, there's plenty of room for everyone to have fun on the lake.
If you have a family, you'll cherish making lasting memories on a sparkling clean and calm lake. Take a slow pontoon ride through the Bridgewater Channel. Play on a sandy beach or cove. Enjoy adventures aboard a wakeboard or waterski. The possibilities for family fun are endless.
High-performance and sport boaters
If you have a need for sport or speed, take your lake boating passion to new levels on Lake Havasu. Except in the no-wake zones, there are no size restrictions or speed limits on the lake.
If you enjoy sightseeing and exploring, Lake Havasu has easy access to coves, beaches and other boating attractions. Amenities include barbecue grills, portable restrooms and shaded picnic tables. You can also explore the river, with its many scenic canyons, cliffs and abundant wildlife.
If you want the ultimate lake boating experience, rent a houseboat on Lake Havasu! Enjoy the amenities of a hotel while exploring the lake and lower Colorado River. All who take part will have the vacation of a lifetime.
Top 10 reasons why Lake Havasu should be your next lake boating adventure
- Lake Havasu is centrally located along 60 continuous miles (30.16 sq. miles) of lake and river waterways.
- Lake Havasu enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year. Plan your lake boating vacation around your schedule instead of the weather. View live video from our Lake Havasu weather webcam.
- Water temperatures range from 75 to 85 degrees during much of the year, perfect for a quick dip.
- Don't own a boat? Lake Havasu City's boat rental companies stand ready year-round to help you get on the water.
- Lake Havasu has many launch ramps to get you going quickly, marinas to dock your boat and boat fueling locations to keep it going.
- Lake Havasu is the ultimate destination for fishing, watersports, beaches and swimming.
- Most hotels, RV parks, and campgrounds have boat trailer parking. Some have their own docks and launch ramps for guests.
- Fun and friendly Lake Havasu is also home to many restaurants that can be reached by boat. Whether you want breakfast, lunch, dinner or refreshments, there's boat-in dining to fulfill your craving!
- Boating on Lake Havasu won't sink you. It's one of the most budget-friendly lake boating spots in the U.S.
- Unlike some other boating lakes in Arizona, Lake Havasu does allow watercraft with two-stroke motors on the lake. However, boaters with two-stroke motors are urged to make sure their vessels are running properly prior to boating on the lake.
Pack your shorts, flip flops and sunscreen, and come see why Lake Havasu City is a lake boating paradise and Arizona's Playground!
Best boating reads from our blog
Lake Havasu’s Hidden Launch Sites
Discover some lesser-known launch ramps to help you launch your boat faster.
Come to Lake Havasu for Whatever Floats Your Boat
Don't own a boat or personal water craft? Learn about rentals in Lake Havasu City.
Boat-In Dining Includes Skateboard Pizza Deliveries
Boaters at Lake Havasu can get a great meal without ever leaving the water.
Click on map to expand or download a printable PDF.