Rent a boat or bring your own—don't miss this Arizona lake boating experience!
Lake Havasu is one of America's best boating lakes. Unlike other recreational lakes in the arid Southwest, Lake Havasu remains at a near-constant water elevation. Boaters enjoy ideal boating conditions and great weather year-round.
From high-performance race boats to pontoon boats, there's plenty of room for everyone to have fun.
If you have a family, you'll cherish making lasting memories on a sparkling clean and calm lake. Take a slow pontoon ride through the Bridgewater Channel. Play on a sandy beach or cove. Enjoy adventures aboard a wakeboard or waterski. The possibilities for family fun are endless.
High-performance and sport boaters
If you have a need for sport or speed, take it to new levels on Lake Havasu. Except in the no-wake zones, there are no size restrictions or speed limits on the lake.
If you enjoy sightseeing and exploring, Lake Havasu has easy access to coves, beaches and other boating attractions. Amenities include barbecue grills, portable restrooms and shaded picnic tables. You can also explore the lower Colorado River with its scenic canyons, cliffs and abundant wildlife. At the majestic Topock Gorge, spiritual and wellness seekers can experience one of the newest-discovered vortexes in Arizona.
If you want the ultimate lake boating experience, rent a houseboat on Lake Havasu! Enjoy the amenities of a hotel while exploring the lake and river. All who take part will have the vacation of a lifetime.
Top 10 reasons why Lake Havasu should be your next lake boating adventure
- Lake Havasu is centrally located along 60 continuous miles (30.16 sq. miles) of lake and river waterways.
- Lake Havasu enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year. Plan your lake boating vacation around your schedule instead of the weather. View live video from our Lake Havasu weather webcam.
- Water temperatures average 79 degrees from May through September, perfect for a quick dip.
- Don't own a boat? Lake Havasu City's boat rental companies stand ready year-round to help you get on the water.
- Lake Havasu has many launch ramps to get you going quickly, marinas to dock your boat and boat fueling locations to keep it going.
- Lake Havasu is the ultimate destination for fishing, watersports, beaches and swimming.
- Most hotels, RV parks, and campgrounds have boat trailer parking. Some have their own docks and launch ramps for guests.
- Lake Havasu's shores host boat-in dining restaurants, so you can spend as much time on the water as possible.
- Boating on Lake Havasu won't sink you. It's one of the most budget-friendly lake boating spots in the U.S.
- Watercraft with two-stroke motors are allowed on the lake (boaters motoring with two-stroke watercraft are urged to ensure their vessels are running properly before launching their boats).
Pack your shorts, flip flops and sunscreen, and come see why Lake Havasu City is a lake boating paradise!
Click on map to expand or download a printable PDF.