Rotary Community Park
: 1400 S. Smoketree Ave.
: Click here
Facts at a Glance
- Buoyed swim area
- Boat access
- Non-motorized launch area
- Three playgrounds (one specifically for persons with special needs)
- Covered picnic areas with tables and BBQs
- Two park host locations
- Two-mile walking trail
- Exercise equipment
- Six beach volleyball courts (first come, first served)
- Two Bocce ball courts (first come, first served)
- Skate park
- Group picnic areas (reservation required)
- Alcoholic beverages prohibited except in group areas with advance permit (contact the City)
- No pets allowed
Rotary Community Park is centrally located and well visited by both locals and visitors. With its lush green grass, tree shaded walkways, and safe buoyed-in swim area, the park provides a nice getaway to wind down and relax. The beachfront location and 40 sprawling acres provide space and facilities for several types of recreation.
Accessible by boat or car, the park is the perfect place for a picnic. There are 16 picnic areas equipped with a shade canopy, barbecue, picnic table, and an amazing view of Lake Havasu. Picnic areas and ramadas may be reserved for group events. Reservations for large groups must be made at least 45 days in advance. To make reservations, refer to the city website
for more information. If your brand of fun involves more action than relaxation, the park has that, too!
Get in on a little beach volleyball action at one of the six volleyball courts for some friendly competition. You may also want to try your hand at bocce ball on one of the two beachfront courts. Both the volleyball and bocce ball courts are first-come, first-served.The park also has a two-mile jogging/walking path that loops around the entire park and features outdoor exercise equipment such as a leg press and chin-up bars. Be sure to bring your water bottle, and stay hydrated. For the kids, there are three playgrounds for different age levels; one is reserved for special needs children. The other two are reserved mainly for children ages 4 and up. There are also swing sets adjacent to the beach volleyball courts. The park also has a 40,000 sf skate park
– one of the largest skate/BMX parks in Arizona – complete with ramps, rails and jumps.
What's Planned for Rotary Community Park
Rotary Park may have some big changes in its future! Just to the east of the skate park and onto the peninsula directly in front of the skate park, plans include*:
- Expanding the boardwalk
- Adding viewpoints out over the lake
- Developing an open lawn event area
- Adding additional kids play areas and a tot lot
- Adding a sandy beach area
- Adding additional restrooms and more parking
for an overview map of the developments planned for Rotary Community Park. *All plans are in the developmental stage. Plans and layout may change. No date is set for completion.