: Mon-Fri 8:00 am-1:30 pm
Rate of Pay
: Hourly @ $10/hour
Nature of Work
Performs clerical and receptionist duties for the Lake Havasu City Convention & Visitors Bureau. Performance is evaluated by review of accomplishments and attainment of objectives.
Examples of Duties
Performs office opening duties at beginning of work day including unlocking doors and turning on lights and office equipment;
- Greets visitors with a friendly attitude, a courteous offer of assistance and provide them with accurate information;
- Maintains familiarization of the local hospitality industry including lodging, restaurants, recreation, etc. as well as knowledge of community events;
- Answers multiple phone lines, assists callers by providing information or directing to appropriate staff. Processes voice mail messages and e-mail inquiries on a daily basis;
- Maintains database for all visitor packet requests;
- Assembles and creates labels and mail-out vacation packets in a timely manner;
- Assembles and mails out brochure requests;
- Operates office equipment such as postage machine, copier, and fax machine;
- Prepares copies as requested by the Director of the Visitor Center;
- Maintains the Visitor Center’s monthly visitor data;
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to operate computers as well as using software including MS Office;
- In-depth working knowledge of local visitor amenities, programs and services;
- Able to communicate effectively;
- Able to compose material and provide information and reports based on general instruction;
- Able to organize, multi-task and set work priorities with minimum direction;
- Able to be tactful and courteous while displaying an appropriate public image when representing the Bureau;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment and discretion in performing job duties.
- This position typically requires sitting, carrying, reaching, handling, pushing, pulling, bending, lifting, twisting, typing, hearing, seeing, talking and repetitive motions;
- Light work including exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects;
- Hearing ability sufficient to communicate effectively with others in person and by telephone;
- Speaking ability sufficient to communicate effectively with others in person and by telephone;
- Visual ability sufficient to read and write reports, correspondence, instructions, etc.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
Conditions of Employment
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid Arizona driver license
- Candidate will participate in an interview process
- Must have references available upon request
To be considered for this position, please email resume to email@example.com
. Send resume or deliver in person to:
Lake Havasu City Convention & Visitors Bureau
314 London Bridge Road
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403
Resumes will be accepted through March 31, 2017.
The Lake Havasu City Convention & Visitors Bureau is an Equal Opportunity Employer.